|Speak Up Huntsville!
Your voice is important. Be a part of decisions that impact public schools, and that work for change and improvement. That’s why United Way is celebrating the power of parents and community with release of the findings from the School’s Foundation Speak Up Focus Groups throughout Madison County. Reports are being presented to the schools and you can view the results at www.speakupalabama.org or www.theschoolsfoundation.org.
Can't attend a Speak Up Focus Group but still want your voice to be heard?
For an investment of less than 10 minutes, you can...
1) watch an archived webcast of the Education Virtual Town Hall meeting and
2) let your voice be heard through United Way at http://townhall.liveunited.org/.
Log in/registration required.
These comments will be shared with The Schools Foundation as part of their listening to Madison County, Madison City, and Huntsville City citizens on the important idea of education.
REACHING OUT AND UP FOR KIDS
United Way is working closely with its collaborative partners as well as each superintendent to break new ground in how the community and schools work together. We are about changing lives, improving the future for all of us
- - - and it starts with education.
Act now by:
1. Supporting Fun Learning Moments®, United Way of Madison County’s early childhood initiative focusing on family engagement in learning AND school readiness (with donations or time) and its collaboration with the AL Partnership for Children and Village of Promise.
2. Sign up as a Volunteer mentor or tutor with one of our collaborative partners on United Way’s volunteer opportunities page.
3. Donate books to our ongoing book drives benefiting babies, students and seniors OR have your own book drive and donate the proceeds to United Way. We aim to distribute all books within 7-10 days of receipt.
4. Tell us about the needs you see in our community related to education – post your ideas on Facebook or call United Way’s Community Impact Coordinator for Educational Programs at 256-518-8203.